- The Major Projects Association cuts across every business sector and every type of major project including manufacturing, defence, IT, infrastructure, engineering, construction and business change.
- Membership of the Association provides networking opportunities at the highest level to develop and disseminate better practice in initiating and carrying out major projects.
- It is run exclusively by its members and is paid for by means of a single annual membership subscription, which covers the cost of attendance at most of our events and programmes.
- Each year a number of events are held - most of these are confidential problem solving seminars on current important topics selected by the members.
- All seminars are written up in detail and the resulting confidential seminar reports are made available to members via our website.
- Our Professional Development Programme offers opportunities for people at different points in their career to learn more about the particular challenges of working on major projects.
Andy Mitchell, Chief Executive, Thames Tideway Tunnel Ltd
'I never cease to be impressed by the activities and value of the Major Projects Association. With an increasingly wide range of topics covered throughout the year through seminars, workshops and courses it is easy to see why corporate members and individuals remain committed and enthusiastic. At the seminars and conferences I personally find the willingness of people to discuss the issues of the day so openly to be very helpful – I am sure that the insights that we all get from each other’s industries and situations is one of the reasons why people of such high calibre keep coming back for more! As a forum for sharing lessons and learning from each other, the Association is an extraordinarily useful (and good value) resource to help improve project performance across the UK, and I know that the team are committed to maintaining the high quality of what they do for us all.’