Published16th May 2019
Knowledge TypeCase study Lessons learned report
Organisation, Network Rail Ltd
Major ProjectThameslink Programme
Point of Work Risk Assessments at London Bridge
Point of Work Risk Assessments
During construction, before work began, a point of work risk assessment had to be completed for a task, an environment or an interface.
50 supervisors were asked to complete a ‘PoWRA’ online form to track any changes. If there was no change, the form would say proceed. However, if there was a change, there would need to be a more formal logging of the changes via the form below. The form would go through the following:
1. There must be a new briefing before any further work starts.
2. There must be evidence provided regarding any damage, location, time and photos of the what was causing the change.
3. The form would need answers to questions about which task is occurring to correlate it with the PoWRA.
4. All briefings were logged.
5. Every company on site was logged.