Published16th May 2019
Knowledge TypeCase study Lessons learned report
Organisation, Network Rail Ltd
Major ProjectThameslink Programme
Thameslink: Structural Steel – Farringdon
Bourne Group had a long relationship with the Thameslink Programme as they were appointed the structural steel contractor at both Farringdon station, Blackfriars station and London Bridge station.
Their work at Farringdon lasted three years and included heavy structural steelwork; in particular Bourne Group fabricated and installed the new station roof.
Other structural steelwork at Farringdon included:
– The new London Underground ticket hall on Turnmill Street.
– The new ticket office and the refurbished entrance on Cowcross Street.
– The new staircases down to platforms.
– Underpinning and strengthening work in the tunnels.
– New modular train shed roof trusses.